Thursday, February 4, 2010

PARIS

The Big-Move is beginning.  I took down the art and began arranging all that is to be shipped to the States.  Amazing that after all these years the walls have not changed color under the pictures.  Must be the electric heating.  Grabbed a lunch at a place I have passed hundreds of times on the Blvd. Saint-Germain named Le Rhumerie.  A bustling place specializing in what else?  Rum.  Had a very good salad of smoked salmon and a glass of Sauvignon blanc.  Too early for rum.  The place is run by very animated Jamaicans.  Good find!

Read through a book of Chopin Mazurkas that I'd not played in years.  My piano's Swan Song.  Olivier popped by to take me down to the Cafe' Flore for a cup of tea.  We sat inside where the cognoscenti sit, not on the terrace with the tourists and wannabees.  Olivier was his usual good humored self....full of stories...wearing a 50,0000 euro watch (Yes, you read that right) and making certain everyone in the place could see it.  He is with LMVH and has a HUGE employee discount.  I always enjoy spending time with him because he is an original.  And that is hard to find these days.  He told me an interesting story about Coaches here in Paris who train people for future career advancement.  Positive thinking in business.  Do we have that in the US?  I sure could have used one when I was working.

No comments:

Post a Comment