Saturday, February 6, 2010

PARIS Piano

I can't watch.  They have taken the legs of the piano, swathed it in quilts and at this moment it is being lifted by a huge crane, over the rue de Rennes and put into an enormous truck.  The international movers, Seegmuller, were here just before, packed 28 cartons and "tout vas bien".  The living room looks enormous.  Now the guys are here to weld back the famous "barre".  As I think of it, that was the name of a department store:  Famous Barr.  Might have been New Orleans.  I don't remember where.  They used to buy dresses from me when I was a designer.  You cannot imagine the relief that this part is finished.  Not to deal with the cable/internet company about returning the boxes and their documents that have never arrived.

Immediately after everyone left I dragged my suitcase up to the Hotel de l'Abbeye at number 10 rue Cassette.  Just up the street.  It was a homecoming, having stayed there for 26 years prior to my buying the apartment.  I was given a charming room and waiting was a gift of chocolates from the owner's wife with a note that said "Welcome home".  I will stay there for 6 days and then this part of my Paris Life will have ended.  A very nice ending indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment