Tuesday, February 2, 2010

PARIS

Woke up this morning and said to moi-meme, "Think positive"!  Chris had arranged for a different transport company to come to the apt. and see about the removal of the piano.  The guy arrived practically on time (positive thinking works, n'est pas?).  He called his mason about the rail and left a message on his voicemail.  I am praying.

Praying has paid off!  The contractor and mason are coming here tomorrow morning and the move is to be made on Friday.  I have decided to send the piano to our new digs in Rancho M.  I hope it is a slow boat 'cause  the house won't be ready until May/June.  I won't believe it until I see the piano floating over the rue de Rennes.  When they brought it in 11 years ago, I couldn't watch.  Stomach churning.  I don't even bother now to depend on whether they will be on time.  Just hope they show up.

This morning Delphine called and said Dominique's boss at the POLO CLUB/Bois Boulogne does not want a black piano.  He wants a brown piano because the leather banquettes are brown.  Would you believe it?  Not really putting them down, but face it.....in decoration the French have not done anything since the last Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment