Monday, February 1, 2010

PARIS

Today was another frustrating day with the story of my piano.  Getting the piano out of this apartment is a saga in its self.   Now, my understanding is that the rail (barre) is too dangerous to be moved from the window.  How they will get the piano out: I will never know.  Lunched with Catherine, a very longtime friend and she explained that as in the USA, nobody shows up for their appointed appointments.  Electician, workmen, whatever.  Then tonight, Lionel explained the machinations of the French mentality.  Each culture is different - true.  He explained that the French do not go from A to B, but wander around in between until they get to B.  It is all "maybe" not yes or no.  Anyway, enough of this complaining.  I can always chop the piano in two and throw it out the window.  Am having a glass of Baron Rothschild bordeaux.  Not a great wine but enough to keep me from joining my piano out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment