Sunday, January 31, 2010

PARIS

Yesterday was a busy day.  Exhausting!  Took my nephew Jeremy to the Pompidou Museum to see the wonderful exhibiton of French furniture design 1979-1999.  Admission was free.  There weren't many pieces but what was there was important.  I had Jeremy photograph a chair and a sofa.  Soon to be "adapted".  Then walked across the plaza to the Cafe' Beaubourg for lunch where we were to meet my good friend, Olivier.  Olivier was very charming with Jeremy (but who could not be).  While they walked back to my side of the river, I grabbed my 96 bus to hurry home where I was to meet Delphine and her husband Dominique, who were to photograph my piano for a possible purchase.  Getting the piano out of the apartment has been a perpetual crisis.  Olivier and Jeremy arrived and then Delphine.  Poor Dominique had to wait in the car while Delphine did the photo: being Saturday there were no parking places available. Finally!  Everyone left and I had what the English call, "A bit of a lie-down".  Shortly after Lionel came directly from the hotel and began to call restaurants for a booking.  Only 10:30 tables were available.  Paris is jumping on a Sat. night.  So we toddled up to the small, friendly, typically family French restaurant Le Mascotte on the rue Cherche Midi.  Our waitress spoke English and she explained she had lived in Malibu.  Perfect ending to a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment