Sunday, January 24, 2010

PARIS

Sundays in the winter in Paris are dismal. Dark, gray and wettish. Today is no exception. I have no plan other than to prepare for tomorrow's meeting with my Notary (like a lawyer). Had an omelet at my neighborhood cafe; Le Vieux Colombier, then wandered down to the Blvd Saint-Germain to checkout the news stand. Noticed CELINE was gone. Too bad cause I loved looking at their windows. The clothes were always beautifully designed. Rock and Roll is what EMPORIO ARMANI has become for menswear. However, it is a good marketing choice because too many of the Armani customers were buying at Emporio for a similar product to GIORGO ARMANI, the expensive store known for simple clothing in beautiful fabrics. No mistaking one for the other now.

Matthew called from Rancho Mirage. There is a tribute to the architect Donald Wexler with a WEXLER WEEKEND in Palm Springs. Tours of houses he designed, showing of a documentary on his design career, parties, etc. I think I should write about the Wexler experience. To explain what that is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment