Saturday, January 23, 2010

PARIS

Just received a phone call from Christopher. He is helping me contact the various agencies requiring cancellation of contract before my vacating the apartment, electric, phone, insurance, etc. I say helping. He is doing it! Monday we will toddle up to the Blvd. Montparnasse to the office of the television cable company; NOOS. No.....you cannot do it by phone. That would be too simple. Only then will they tell me what I have to do with the cable box. Hmmmm.

Went over to the very interesting San Francisco Book Store to see if they are still buying books. I have filled a trolley of books I don't want to ship. With sad eyes the owner informed me that "things were a bit tough now" and they were not buying any at the present time. Passing a female beggar on the street I was thinking "Honey, you ain't the only one". Meanwhile, the streets are filled with wild-eyed shoppers desperately loading up on the last dregs of the waning days of "SOLDE" (sale).

Had dinner to night with a good friend, Lionel. We went to a casual, chic, well designed and good food restaurant; PINXO. Each dish has three small portions meant to share with your dinner partner. I don't care to try other persons food but am perfectly OK about them trying my choices. We didn't share. Like two gourmands we ate all of our own food. I ordered a wine from the south of France. Perfect! If ever anyone is in Paris, try this restaurant. It was my second time and I have dreamed about it since the first. Happily going to bed. As Julia would say, "Bonne Nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment