Friday, January 29, 2010

PARIS

Seem to be running a day behind.  Was sort of a 'clean-up' day.  My good buddy Christopher and I went to the Luxembourg Jardin post office to send the required registered letter to Numericable for the cable/internet cutoff request and to arrange the forwarding of my mail ( not that there is much to forward).  Cost of forwarding was an astounding 55 euros.  I really wanted to say "just junk it", but Chris had gone to so much trouble of filling out in advance all of the required forms, that I went along with it.  After all, what are 55 euros in the scheme of life?  Then I took him to my neighborhood cafe' for a very good lunch of Cuisse de Canard (roasted duck leg) with heavenly mashed potatoes, and a good glass of red wine.  Rushed back to the apt. to cancel my 2 o'clock appointment with the real estate agent and the buyer.  Figured that I would leave all the stuff she wants: kitchen, et al anyway.  I mean, how much would I charge for dishes, silver and glasses.  Also, I thought she might see the apt. again and change her mind.  If she did she would lose her 5% down payment, but then again that is alot cheaper than the sale price...and I don't want to have to put the apt. on the market again.  What is done is done!

Went to Orly to pickup my nephew Jeremy who was coming in on Iberia from Madrid.  He is going to school there this semester.  We went to the very casual, always crowded restaurant; Chez Fernand.  An extremely convivial group of 4 guys were seated next to us and one informed me he loved America and especially the West Coast.  It was fun chatting with them, drinking a good Chinon wine and knowing they understood my French.  Then Jeremy, whose 21st birthday is today, and I headed back to the apt. where we drank Vielle Prune liqueur and talked until 2:30 AM.  Kids keep you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment