Wednesday, January 27, 2010

PARIS

Didn't write anything yesterday. Posted documents to the shipping company, SEEGMULLER. Then met Christopher on the quai of a Metro stop to go directly to CENTRE CHOPIN. I decided rather than wait for their never coming telephone call, I would go to their store to arrange for the pickup of my piano. Jeremy, the sales rep could not have been more charming and helpful. Apparently, my contract for the sale was already in the computer and why it never got mailed to me - God only knows. Now I am waiting for a call from the company that is to pickup the piano. The name is: Service Poids Lourd. Does that not say it all? Service Heavy Pounds. It will be a nightmare getting the piano our of my 4th story window. When they brought it in in '99, I couldn't look. The piano was swinging over a busy street. Somehow they managed.

Well, like I said: "It ain't easy here". I have to cancel my tv cable and internet with a company named NUMERICABLE. I went to one of their offices (don't even try to get through on the phone) and was told that a registered letter had to go to their main office (in some mysterious post box) with a document stating that I was moving out of the country. Only then....they will send me a letter telling me where the cable and internet boxes have to be sent. Also, it seems my contract runs until September. If I skip town on the payments the passport control will arrest me the next time I try to enter the country. This procedure of trying to leave town is like a Kafka play. Or is it Alice in Wonderland?

No comments:

Post a Comment