Friday, June 11, 2010

MUSINGS

Musings will be a posting of a variety of thoughts that come to me: usually at 4AM.
The new issue of Architectural Digest:
   Paige Rense - Retiring longtime editor.  When I was living in Montecito I had a phone call from a woman announcing herself as Paige Rense.  My first thought was:  OMG!  She wants to photograph my house for the magazine.  However, she went on to say that a mutual friend told her I had a very good Cleaning Lady and would I give her the phone number.  My one and only encounter with the admirable editor.
   Cher on the cover.  Cher has discovered Buddism and she has had her entire apartment decorated to give the impression of what her idea ithe religion is all about.  Far Eastern furniture and art.  Just another celebrity with absolutely no personal (or is it very personal) taste.  I would have loved to know what went on in the head of the renowned decorator.  But after all, a guy has got to make a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment