Saturday, March 20, 2010

DANISH MODERN

Geez, when I think of all of FT's 40's Danish Modern furniture I put up for auction at a mediocre auction house here in LA:  I could "you know what".   M and I feel the simplicity of the furniture to be in accord with the house in RM we are renovating.  Not lots of it, but a couple of important pieces.  Wouldn't you know that the stuff is trendy again and with "trendy" goes an escalation in prices.  Finding pieces that are not so expensive will be an adventure in decorating.   Today we high-tailed it over to Silver Lake and discovered a small store with furniture that was not only of good quality but fair prices.  (Kinda renews our faith in honest merchants.)  There are a number of stores in Los Angeles dealing in Danish Modern and there is a terrific one in Portland Oregon.  But!  Why not just get on a plane and go to Denmark.   I am researching prices there too.  Aquavit anyone?

1 comment: