Sunday, May 16, 2010

THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT

I have a file labeled Entertainment.  Each year I keep credit card receipts filed under different file labels just in case the IRS decides to require substantiation of expenses that will be deducted from my taxes.  Unfortunately, I no longer have those deductions because if one does not show a profit after three years of doing business, the government deems it as a hobby.  I no longer have a business. What made me think of this is this week there was plenty of entertainment.  This week I had two French lessons, two piano lessons with two different teachers (learning Mozart and Chopin with one and Rachmaninov with the other), dinner with M, C and S at BLD: a casual restaurant, lunch at Lucques: a superb restaurant, dinner at L and R's house (there were 10 of us), M and I discovered an interesting artist exhibiting on Beverly Blvd., and we went to a  play at the Ahmanson Theater: THE 39 STEPS.  The very funny, clever play has been running continuously in London since 2006 as well as being presently performed in a number of world capitals.  Plus!  Drinks before and during intermission in the Founders Room of the theater.  That is an entertaining week.  Guess I don't really need those files for the IRS, but at the end of the year they are a reminder of what a full and enjoyable life I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment